- Long-Term Disability
- Workers’ Compensation
Growing up in a family where her father is a railroad worker and her mother a teacher, Alesia R. Strand has learned the value of dedication and hard work. Realizing the impact an injury or disability can have on an individual’s life and family, Alesia had a passion and desire to help. She began her legal career at nineteen years old with a firm focusing on representing injured railroad workers.
As an attorney, Alesia has dedicated her legal career to helping all types of disability and injury victims fight for their rights. The initial years of her practice focused on representing injured railroad workers throughout the country, as well as injured workers in State workers’ compensation claims. Today, while Alesia continues to represent injury victims, the majority of her practice is representing disabled individuals through all stages of their short and long term disability claims. Alesia has presented at Continuing Legal Education classes, both nationally and locally, on the topics of short and long term disability.
Alesia is an avid outdoors person who enjoys hiking and spending time with her family at their northern Minnesota cabin. Alesia also enjoys cooking and entertaining friends.
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. – 2003
- Saint Cloud State University, Saint Cloud, MN
- B.A. – 2000
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Criminal Justice and Sociology
- Minnesota, 2003
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2009
- U.S. District Court District of North Dakota, 2004
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2016
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, Judicial Election Selection Committee through 2010
- Minnesota Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association