Madison National Denied My Disability. What Now?
Clients of the Madison National are often teachers or former employees of educational organizations. The disability coverage issued by Madison National to many of Minnesota’s school corporations is meant to provide income replacement to those who have become disabled because of an illness or injury. If you are a teacher who is suffering from bipolar disorder, you have had a stroke or you have been diagnosed with another medical condition that has left you disabled and your claim was denied, do not hesitate to contact us.
The Group Long Term Disability Plans offered by Madison National Life Insurance Company usually involve the following:
- Replacement of income – 40 percent to 70 percent of earnings prior to becoming disabled;
- A wide range of income replacement options;
- A variety of elimination periods;
- Benefit waiting periods ranging from 14 days to one year. These periods can be designed to match with either a short-Term Disability plan and-or your existing sick leave;
- Payment of benefits often continues until your retirement age. However, the period can be reduced if a more economical plan is opted for;
- Many different versions of disability are obtainable;
- Partial/Residual definitions enable employees to get back to work on a part-time basis and continue to enjoy their benefits;
- To reduce the plan’s cost, it is possible to limit the benefits for disabilities due to reasons such as mental conditions, substance abuse and-or self-reported conditions; and…
- Several optional plan provisions are attainable.
If you have any claims with Madison National Life Insurance Company, it is important that you submit all of your medical records along with clear and adequate explanations in regards to your disability and limitations from your physician. In addition, it is essential that you decide, maintain and diligently follow a plan for your treatment. If you do not, Madison National may not consider your disability claim “supported” and will deny it. In the case that Madison National has rejected your disability claim, please contact Beedem Law at 612-305-1300.