Our Attorneys Can Help You Seek Accountability For A Slip-And-Fall Accident
In 2003, the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, CDC announced that in ages 65 and older, the leading unintentional cause of death is slip-and-fall accidents. A slip-and-fall accident typically involves a situation where a person is injured by slipping, tripping and falling due to a dangerous condition. Slip-and-fall injuries can happen anywhere and at any time.
If you have experienced a slip, trip or fall due to the actions or incompetence of another, you might be entitled to compensation. Contact a Minnesota accident lawyer at Beedem Law today to discuss your options and learn how we can help you.
Common Causes Of Slip-And-Fall Accidents
A fall can result from any of the following:
- Poor flooring, including wet and slippery floors
- Dangerous stairs or stairwells, with hazards like uneven steps, missing treads, poor lighting and lack of handrails
- Sidewalk hazards, including potholes, cracks, uneven pavement and more
- Sidewalks and parking lots that have not been cleared of snow and/or salted in a timely manner
- Nearly any dangerous condition that a property owner knows about yet fails to fix and fails to warn guests about
All it takes is one simple phone call to an accident lawyer at Beedem Law. We will take it from there. We focus on managing your case and defending your interests so that you can focus on your health. Our service can mean the difference between an insufficient settlement and a considerable award. We aim to get you every cent that you deserve.
What Should You Do After Being Injured In An Accident?
If you are able to do so, please take the following actions at the scene of the accident:
- Keep any clothing and shoes worn during the accident.
- Generally avoid making any definitive statements about fault, either to the proprietor or within earshot of insurance adjusters.
- Take photos of the scene that clearly show the layout and nature of the hazard.
- Write down the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- Get the names of the property managers and owners.
- Most importantly, seek any medical attention that you may need.
Property law covers slips and falls, since Minnesota law states that the following sorts of incidents fall under its ambit: “slip and falls at commercial establishments caused by liquids or foreign substances; “trip and fall incidents caused by unsafe property conditions; “construction site accidents and, assaults by employees or business patrons in many states, business owners and property owners have a duty to provide a safe environment for individuals on their premises.” Business owners are expected to keep their stores in safe working condition, with the aisles, passageways, and floors free from dangerous spills and hazards.
Speak To Our Attorneys About Your Injuries And Your Legal Options
Based in Minneapolis, our attorneys at Beedem Law serve clients throughout Minnesota. If you have been hurt in an avoidable accident owing to a property owner’s negligence, your case may be appropriate for pursuing litigation related to premises liability. We offer free initial consultations so that you can tell us your story and feel confident that we are the right firm for you. To get started, call us at 612-305-1300 or send us an email.